Board of Directors
- Chapter President – I exercise general responsibility for and oversight of all Chapter activity and the performance of Chapter officers and chairs. Easy Breezy!
Currently I am a Territory Business Manager for Waypoint Living Spaces Cabinetry. Results-focused, quality-driven professional. Background includes more than thirty years of successful experience in professional sales, executive sales management and professional marketing concepts across several states in the U.S. I have worked for and with some great companies; The Home Depot/Expo Design Center, Miele and Newell Rubbermaid just to name a few. I have been in and around remodeling and design my entire life and continue to enjoy it to this day. I know what you are thinking……How old is that guy in the picture? That was my High school senior yearbook photo. “What’s old is new again”!
Waypoint Living Spaces Cabinetry
3102 Shawnee Drive
Winchester, VA 22601
VP Professional Development
- VP Professional Development – I Seek additional sources, in Arizona, for continuing education opportunities including events, meetings, schools, etc. I promote and support the Association’s certified members.
A National Product Specialist for BSH Home Appliances, is a seasoned culinary professional as well as a sales and marketing educator. A dietitian by profession, she travels the western half of the U.S. teaching designers, architects, builders and sales personnel about the merits of Bosch, Thermador and Gaggenau appliances in today’s American kitchen. She previously served as secretary and President of the AZ NKBA chapter and began her position as VP of Professional Development on January 1st, 2015.
BSH Home Appliances
4421 East Palo Verde Drive
Phoenix, AZ 85018
- VP Communications – A VP of Communications promotes the NKBA through public relations and disseminates information about NKBA programs to chapter members verbally and in writing at chapter meetings and through use of the chapter meeting notices, the chapter website and the chapter newsletter.
- Chapter Secretary – Prepare and distribute minutes of the Chapter. Provide articles for the Chapter newsletter to VP Communications. And 400 other things!
Leona Hess, is a Certified Master Kitchen and Bath Designer (CMKBD); as well as, a Certified-Aging-in-Place Specialist (CAPS). She joined the Arizona Chapter in 2014 from Port Chester, New York and serves as the Chapter Secretary. In New York 2004, she was one of the charter members of the Westchester NKBA Chapter and has held all of the positions in chapter.
Leona has her own company Harmony Interiors, where she does consulting on both kitchen and bath design along with aging-in-place an integral part of the industry for the Baby Boomers and beyond. Leona works with her customers to educate them on products specifically for their needs and budget; as well as, why they should hire a designer versus doing it all themselves.
Leona has also been a judge for the NKBA National design contest and is currently on a National committee working on future exam testing for designers.
- Chapter Treasurer – Supervises the financial affairs of the chapter. In charge of all Networking event RSVP’s.
Estrella Cabinetry and Design
1981 North Pebblecreek Parkway
Goodyear, AZ 85395
VP Gov't Relations
- VP Government Relations – Communication is the key responsibility of the Vice President of Government Relations. As federal, state or provincial and local bills concerning the kitchen and bath industry increase, our members must be kept aware of which laws may affect them as well as the actions they can take to prevent those laws from negatively affecting their business growth and function.
- Chapter Representative – As the Chapter Representative, I serve as the voice of the Chapter at the National level. I Ensure Chapter responsibilities are fulfilled through the President.
Rochelle Horn got her feet wet in the industry selling carpet, draperies and furniture for the family business. When the business sold in the mid 1970’s she started a cleaning and maintenance company to clean the carpet, upholstery and draperies to her previous clients in the then small retirement community south of Tucson. That business grew to include water and fire restoration work and is still in business today.
She left Arizona in 1988 and moved to Los Angeles with her two young children to work for a large Insurance restoration company that was one of the few union shops left in Southern California. She was the manager of interiors and it was determined she should learn more about the construction/structural end of the business. Her mentor was an older gentleman who wrote his estimates “on the back of old envelopes” and taught her how to scope, estimate and manage projects. The experience was priceless. Rochelle would meet with homeowners who had suffered an insurance loss such a fire, flood or earthquake. She would determine what it would take to get them back to their “pre-loss” state however most wanted to use the funds from the loss to remodel or renovate their homes. She would design and often value engineer the scope to facilitate their dream project while staying sensitive to the budget. Those same skills translated very well into full service remodeling.
In 1995 she moved to Phoenix became a licensed general contractor and worked for several large remodeling firms in the valley. In 2002 she became a Certified Kitchen Designer and went on to win NARI’s Contractor of the Year Award for a Kitchen remodel over $60,000 in 2003, 2005 & 2008. She also entered Decora` cabinetry Design Contest and was named the West Region Designer in 2005.
Rochelle has been very active in the local chapter of NKBA since 2003 serving as Treasurer for 2 terms, VP of Government Relations 2 years and currently Chapter Representative and 3rd term as President. Through her tenure on the board she was instrumental in helping to creating Tucson and Southern Arizona as a sub chapter and eventually becoming a full chapter entity of its own.
She enjoys spending time with her daughter and daughter-in-laws as well as 8 amazing grandchildren. Rochelle loves to travel and is dedicated to personal growth and development.
- VP Membership – I Contact members who have not renewed and encourage them to reinstate. I Develop/Plan the chapter membership campaign and recruit prospective members. Welcome Aboard!
- VP Programs – Schedules Chapter meetings. Submit yearly Chapter Program schedule. Submit chapter meeting notice information to VP Communications 4-6 weeks in advance. Promote your upcoming chapter meetings. Let’s have some fun!
VP Academic Relations
- VP Academic Relations – I am actively researching and helping to support the accreditation of certificate, two-year and four-year programs within the chapter boundaries. I develop and implement student-oriented programs, including design competitions, scholarship programs, career fairs, and special events
Co-Owner of Estrella Cabinetry & Design Center in Goodyear Arizona offering the best in home design. Owned and managed by two delightful women with a combined 50 years of experience in cabinetry, countertops, decorative plumbing, window treatments, lighting, and decorative hardware. The professionals at Estrella Cabinetry & Design Center are there to help you transform your vision into reality.